[tcrc-fd] FD Planning Email

tosca005 at umn.edu tosca005 at umn.edu
Tue May 27 16:27:32 CDT 2014

In the planning documents, you say we will be participating as a "Class A"
station. Did you mean "Class 1A", "Class 2A" (like the last couple of
years), "Class 3A" like innumerable years before attendance got so slim, or
what? If we will be in Class 2A or above, then we can have a "free"
VHF/UHF/Satellite station. I could probably provide that station again this
year as I have many times before. I would basically assemble the entire
station except for the generator (I don't own one) in my driveway as a
rover station on my SUV, and drive it to the site. Plug me into power and
away I go. For teardown. unplug and recover the generator, and I drive the
whole shebang home and disassemble it in my driveway.

As far as networking goes, that has never gone particularly smoothly in the
past. And there is really no strong need for it. We normally have one CW
station, and one or two HF SSB stations on different bands. In this
configuration, there is no chance of "duping" between stations, so no need
to have an immediate tally of each station's QSO lists. Sure, it's nice,
but not essential...

I will be back in Minnesota for the months of June-September, arriving
about June 3 or 4.

73 de W0JT/5
  EN34js June-September
  EL09ro October-May