[tcrc-fd] Reminder from city on the Key

Phil Lefever phil.lefever at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 11:17:02 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I just got a reminder phone call from the City that the Key for the
building needs to be picked up at city hall prior to 4:30 today. I believe
Walt has that handled, but thought I'd pass along the reminder.

I've been following along with the planning and sad that I am unable to
participate in FD this year. I have family in town currently and a wedding
tomorrow. Damn June weddings...

Unfortunate to lose Kelvin and John, both experienced FD participants, but
as I well know life gets in the way. I hope that a rudimentary VHF station
can be fashioned. All you need is a 6m beam and a radio, forget about 2m
and 440 and concentrate on six. When (if?) sporadic E pops the band open 6m
is a super fun and easy band to make FD Q's on!

I realize that the TCRC doesn't really take as competitive a stance on FD
anymore although even in years past I think we struck a great balance. The
event may or may not be a contest but it is about operating radios and
learning to become more proficient about doing so in less the optimum
conditions.The one thing that I think the club should always strive for is
to do better then last year, i.e. show improvement, and the easiest metric
for measuring that is points or QSO count.

73 and have a great FD!

Phil, KB0NES