[tcrc-fd] Final verification of 2014 Field Day Results

David Ventura dfujikiv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 16:16:11 CDT 2014

Hello FD list participants,

I am compiling the final results for the TCRC Field Day event so that I can
file this with the ARRL before the July 29 deadline.

Regarding the following results:

   1.  Satellite contact (100 Points) *NO*
   2.  At least 5 contacts made with alternative power (100 Points)* NO*
   3.  Elected official or served agency visit (100 Points for each)  *NO*
   4.  Verification of Media Publicity, I.E. copy of press release or
   actual publicity (newpaper article, etc. - 100 Points) *NO*
   5.  NTS Origination message to ARRL section manager (100 Points) *NO*
   6.  NTS Message handling (10 Points each)? *NO*
   7.  Youth participation - anyone under 18 years of age making a contact
   (20 points each) *NO*? but must verify - See Below
   8. VHF Station log *YES* - One Contact?

Please take *one more look *at the above list, I would like the following
items specifically reviewed:

*Item 2.* "5 contacts... alternative power" - I recall that several people
were going to bring batteries that were charged by solar panels, were any
of these batteries used to make contacts?

*Item 4 * "Media Publicity" - Brett, along with other assignments, Susan
gave this to you and your daughter and good progress was made (Contact with
the Mayor of Burnsville, etc.), can you verify that the media *publicity
did NOT* occur?

*Item 7 * "Youth participation" - Both Susan and I spoke to several young
participants, specifically *11 year old Jeanne* Lavan (daughter of
Stephanne KD0RWB and *16 year old Vas* Zimmerman, KE0AZY. They both talked
about working with Mark Neuman, Doug Ayers and/or Artie Johnson about
attempts or desire to make contacts over the air.

Can you three (Mark, Artie and Doug) verify that neither Jeanne or Vas made
any contacts?

NOTE: Youth Contacts are worth *20 points* each.

*Item 8 *"VHF" - Josh, I know you worked very hard on 6 Meters to make
contacts, and I already identified the 3M club contact you made - did you
make any other VHF contacts?

Many thanks again for all the hard work and effort that made this year's
Field Day such a grand success.

Please spend a few moments reviewing the above so that I can compile and
file the report to the ARRL before the deadline.

Thank you and 73,

Dave Ventura - KE0NA