[tcrc-fd] Last minute FD stuff...

David Fujiki Ventura dave at networkliving.com
Fri Jun 21 10:38:19 CDT 2013

"
I called the Burnsville Parks and Recreation contact to get some information (so I don't duplicate effort).

There are tables and chairs available inside the building, the A/C is working good ;-), there are outlets and the kitchenette includes a stove and small dorm-style refridgerator.

I will bring my portable cooler to hold snacks and beverages for the SSB station, but will not drag table and chairs out. I will also bring a 50 foot extension cord and power strip.

They are okay with us spraying the area around the shelter for bugs.

They request that someone pick up the key as early as possible today (Tanna I am sure you are already on this).

Just for kicks, I will be running my D-Star access point (DVAP) in open mode, anyone with a D-STAR capable radio will have access to the local D-Star Reflector (REF053A) at our FD site.

The NOAA Storm Prediction Center shows our area with a slight probability (10%) of a severe weather event for Saturday:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

I will be running my GRlevel3 storm radar during FD to keep an eye on possible bad stuff heading our way.

Happy Field Day everyone!

73 de Dave, KE0NA